Re: Kickstart Installation using Existing LVM Logical Volume

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Chris Rouch wrote:
For starters, you're using "clearpart --all" which will erase all your existing partitions. I think your part pv.1 should use --onpart rather than --ondisk and you might need --useexisting on the volgroup line.

On the first drive, existing partion need to be cleared and new partition and volgroup need to be created.

Only on the second drive existing LVM volume need to be reused.

clearpart --none
part /boot   --fstype ext3  --onpart=/dev/sda2
part pv.01 --onpart=/dev/sda5
volgroup privg pv.01 --useexisting
logvol /          --fstype ext3 --useexisting --name=priroot
--vgname=privg --grow --size=6000
logvol /var       --fstype ext3 --useexisting --name=privar
--vgname=privg --size=1024
logvol swap       --fstype swap --useexisting --name=priswap
--vgname=privg --size=1024

This look very similar to what I tried, except that I use 2 drives and on the other drive need to be reinitialized. Can this be done in kickstart?

--
                             (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo

Xinnian Kuaile! 新年快樂 Gongxi Facai 恭喜發財