Re: how would you backup 1TB of data to dvds?

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:34:21 -0500
Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Really people, why not try answering people's questions?

You just did.

It appears that scdbackup is the tool of choice for this sort of thing. If he had wanted to know about or have a discussion about backup best practices, he would have asked that question instead.

Sometimes bringing up things like that will elicit an "I never thought of that"
or "That's a better way than what I was thinking of" response.

If I asked  what the best way was to pound nails with my screwdriver and the
answers I got tended toward "you should use a hammer for that", I would start
taking a serious look at hammers.  Perhaps I could even find one for a cheaper
price than I would have to pay to replace my screwdriver....

This is exactly what I need.

Is there a chance somebody sponsors this packet so it gets into Fedora as a RPM so that others also can use it easily?

Thank you Frank!

Valent.