Re: Selinux does not allow samba

Henning Larsen wrote:
After doing that setsebool -P samba....  I still get alerts, but I found
one solution via google, like this:

# grep fusefs_t /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mysamba
# semodule -i mysamba.pp

This removes the alert, but I think it not is the proper way

No, that's pretty much the proper way. You've effectively created a policy similar to "samba_share_nfs" for FUSE. Since FUSE and NFSv3 don't support file attributes (required for SELinux), the policy can't be very specific about what samba is allowed to do.

You're not the first person to try to share an NTFS drive of some type, so perhaps you should file a bug (request for enhancement), requesting a policy similar to "samba_share_nfs" which allows samba to share fuse filesystems.

The other option would be to mount the USB drive with an allowed context:

mount /dev/usbdoohickey1 /srv/sambantfs -o context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t