Re: Fedora 9 Alpha alpha reviews?

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 00:33:22 +0100
"Valent Turkovic" <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is not directly said but it feels like we are competing with ubuntu
> when I read that post.

I don't understand the competition, but it sure seems to exist
because the primary driving force to get new features in new releases
is apparently "someone else has it, so we need it too" :-).

(Though somewhere in there someone has to do something first in order
for all the other distros to leap on it and copy it).

But my main reaction is: If there is no difference between distros,
then there is no point in having them - I'd really rather see them
stop copying one another and try to become as divergent as possible
(but I do wish fedora would copy opensuse's push for faster boot
times :-).