Re: Problem with Matlab and Fedora 7-X_64

Brent Snow, Mr. wrote:
Hi All,

We have recently acquired a server with 2 Intel Xeon quad-core processors (8 processors in total) , 16 GB of RAM, and 500GB of Hard Disk. It is running Fedora 7 X-64. It has all of its updates and is working ok, other than an annoyance of not being able to forward X-11 via SSH, even though it is turned on in the sshd_config file.

And is it turned on in ssh_config on the client side?

The problem is when I try and install Matlab, on this system it is reporting the following error

“error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

If I try and place the libXp.so.6 into a network installed version of Matlab, then it gives me an ELF error that I do not know.

Is anyone else having similar problems? Is there a work around for this?

As already mentioned, use yum install libXp. And try to get out of the habit of copying around library files ;) I used to do that, and only started using yum when I did the F7 install on this machine, and I must say it is quite nice. By the way, I have Matlab installed on this F7 X86_64 quad-core machine, and it installed and runs fine.