Re: Broadcom 43 & weak signals: F8 vs WinXP

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:01:36 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> MIKE - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>> Additionally, in F8, if I type specify SSID for the strongest signal,
>> it won't connect at all.  In this case, the SSID consists of several
>> words.  In another case, where the SSID was one word, and the signal
>> was stronger, I could specify it successfully. Is this expected?
>>
> Did you enclose the multi-work SSID in quotes?
>
>> In the present case, therefore, I do not know to which of several nodes
>> I am connected.  Is there a way to find out?
>>
> You can try running iwconfig and looking at the SSID, channel, and other
> information.
>
> Mikkel
[...]

Thanks for these suggestions.  I have left the hotel in which I
had this problem, so I cannot reproduce it.  I will remember these
lessons for next time.

However.

I am back home, with the same WinXP FC8 dual boot, and now the wifi
doesn't work at all.  I'll give the data in a new thread.

Thanks,
Mike.