Re: How do I turn on DMA for ide-scsi DVD drives

Alan Cox wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:37:36 -0800
spmirowski <spmirowski@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

Back when Fedora handled disc drives as ide, I would use hdparm to turn on DMA. Now that Fedora 8 seems to run them as SCSI devices, hdparm can't tell them to turn on DMA. Any ideas how to get them blazing fast again?

Its always done automatically by libata.

Alan

Thanks,

It would appear the issue wasn't DMA, but nvidia-config omitted something from my xorg.conf that allows hardware acceleration for XVideo.

Stephen