Re: Good bye

Chris Jones wrote:

Religion has nothing to do with this, please don't muddy the waters with that can-o-worms.

I mean that as opposed to having logical reasons or evidence to back them up.

What you believe is fine, I have some sympathy for your view point. My point is Fedora has placed itself at a particular niche in the linux distro landscape that doesn't match your wishes. I applaud Fedora for the semi-radical stance they take and believe we need a distro out there like that. As much as I believe we need a distro like ubuntu.

To whatever extent this fragments the installed base and makes it difficult for 3rd party software to run across the variations it works against the general acceptability of Linux and hurts everyone. We are just continuing the old unix flavor wars that gave Microsoft an easy monopoly and ensuring that things can't change.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx