Re: onboard NIC: Attansic L2 [SOLVED]

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 06:59:53 pm Donald Reader wrote:

> I have a friend who just installed F8 on his HP Pavillion a1220n which
> has a realtech onboard nic that is having the same issue about WinXP
> turning the nic off and when booting back into f8 not getting switched
> on. From the sounds of it the drivers are at fault so any help in
> finding the proper driver or resolving of the issue would be greatly
> appreciated
> Donald Reader

As you can see in my specific case, it seemed that the issue I had was an old
driver from a company bought out but another company who provided improved
code for this NIC chipset for Linux which resulted in old and new drivers
spread across multiple OSes.

I was lucky that Chris Shook came to my rescue, otherwise I'd be deeply
frustrated.  It seems to me, that you may need to post your friend's issue in
a separate thread, with the proper subject line and detail the issue and
supply the Linux 'modinfo <driver>' and the 'lsmod | grep <driver>' as well
as the drivers used in XP (and any other Multiboot OSes drivers) in the email
message body and also posit that you believe it is a driver conflict problem
OR use Fedora's bugzilla and pray that someone who is working on that
specific driver sees your post and will respond.

Dan