Re: About ssh login

Ritesh Yeole wrote:
Dear Sir,
                I want to ssh to my client ,there is sonic-firewall .

In firewall  static ip nat with server ip
Now i want to ssh it then it ask for password but when passwd put is says=
[root@ndtest ~]# ssh ultra
root@ultra's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root@ultra's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root@ultra's password:
Permission denied (publickey).
snip<<<

possiblity one - remote root login via ssh is denied (by config)(a damn *good* idea! ...always log in as a regular user and then su to root, makes for much better security) - the command would be "ssh user@ultra")

possibility two - root login is allowed (damn *bad* idea!) and you have the wrong password

possibility three - keys are fouled... try removing the key for the host in question (typically found in ~/.ssh/known/hosts though there may be a /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts file to check as well) and try again

I'm sure there's a fourth possibility but I can't think of it for the life of me right now... 8^)
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign