Re: Customizing Fedora Core 6

Praveen Raj S (pravee1216) wrote:
Dear All,

I am working on customizing fedora core 6 with limited packages,and some additional packages. I trimmed all packages to 1.4 GB and planning to make installation disks(probably 2 CDs).

Now I have the same directory structure what CD1 has, but only difference is RPMS directory contains all trimmed pacakages.

I have resolved all the package dependencies using "rpm --test". My query is how can I divide the RPMs so that we can accomodate in 2 CDs.
Please provide me some suggestions or procedure for doing this

You probably shouldn't use Fedora Core 6 anymore since that release has been EOL'ed and does not get any updates. If you are using Fedora 7 or above, there are a number of tools that makes customizing Fedora a much easier task.

Refer

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/31/remixing-fedora-7/

Rahul