Re: Wireless (again)

On Jan 27, 2008 11:09 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
max wrote:

>> In any case, I stand by my original complaint
>> that if people are referring to online documents
>> they should go to the trouble of giving their URLs.
>>

> You check to see which chipset is on the card and then see if Linux
> supports it.

What WiFi card do you have which tells you the chipset inside the card?

I have a couple but only one with me right now. It is a linksys PCMCIA and it doesn't tell you the chipset it tells you the model, revision/version and serial number which helps to determine the chipset, if it is a PCI card then look at the exposed chips and see if you can figure it out.