Re: construction estimating software

Frank Cox wrote, On 01/29/2008 02:18 AM:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 01:21:44 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Frank, there is a blueprint program, who's name I have forgotten, but
would something like that suffice along with a spreadsheet?

Maybe.

A friend of mine is designing a new house.  He's quite the handyman and intends
to build it himself so he was asking me about what he could get for a
estimating program.

If you think of that blueprint program, don't hesitate to post its name.

Thanks for the input!

If the blueprint program Ric was talking about does not do it, don't forget about needing to estimate time lines (if you are having other people work with you). planner (included with fedora) works pretty good (almost as good as MS Project) for laying out estimating time lines.

--
Todd Denniston