Re: Re : Ubuntu

Karl Larsen wrote:
Croombe F. Pensom wrote:
I had exactly the same problem when I tried it and discovered that
Ubuntu is rather fussy and seems to require that only itself be on the
system otherwise, as you say, grub gets clobbered somehow.

Croombe

Ubuntu will live happy with all other systems IF you make Ubuntu setup on it's own partition and then start it with a "chainload +1".

which is how you should always multiboot Linux.

One has the MBR (or you have the standard MBR that boots the first active partition). Others go to their partition.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait