Re: pup problem

On Jan 28, 2008 9:50 AM, Gerhard Magnus <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently installed FC8 but can't get the pup applet to work. According
> to the Fedora wiki this is a known bug:
>
> Bug 381721 - In a fresh F8 DVD install, you might see Package Updater
> (PUP) is asking to insert CD when you launch it for the first time. As a
> work-around, click on Repository Manager and uncheck "Install Media".
> See a screenshot.
>
> What is this CD? I installed FC8 from a DVD (which doesn't work with
> pup.)

The writers are not too technical. CD is loosely used. CD/DVD is
interchange in write-up.

> Where is this "Repository Manager" the wiki says to click on?
> If there's no fix for pup how do I disable it and prevent its "new
> updates" message from popping up each time I logon?

In Gnome Desktop click  Applications -> Add/Remove Software to launch
Package Manager (aka PUP), click on Edit, select Repositories (only
option on my system), and uncheck/deselect InstallMedia.

I have not fired up KDE in a while but the process should be similar.