Re: Best VPN solution

Tony Molloy wrote:
On Monday 28 January 2008 11:44:41 arunbkn@xxxxxx wrote:
Dear All,

?

Can any body suggest me the best VPN solution available on fedora
(preferably 8). I would like to setup a VPN server at my end, such that
users (windows ) at remote places can access our server securly. And can
protact from web attacks.

?

I have found few of the solutions but they are not update to the recent
version or rather very old ones ........

?

have a look at openvpn. http://www.openvpn.net

That's what I use, but whether it's best for OP's needs is subject to some debate. Windows comes with VPN software, and Arun
 may prefer something that's compatible with it.

Note that the one time I set up a Windows VPN, Windows wanted to send all its traffic through it. It was not what I expected, and certainly what I'd normally want.

OTOH if the remote users are using ADSL routers or similar, VPNs between those may be preferable.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait