RE: Wireless (again)

> To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> From: gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:06:36 +0000
> Subject: Re: Wireless (again)
>
> max wrote:
>
>> Useful no doubt, but no answer to the question that was actually raised,
>> which was how one could find the chipset in a WiFi device.
>
>> Try looking at the wifi(wireless) card. I mean take it in your hand and
>> look at it. Do you notice anything?
>
> I have two PCMCIA WiFi cards in my hand.
> One is named "Orinoco Gold" and the other "Vivanco WLAN PCC 54".
> I notice two things about them:
>
> 1) Neither has any mention of the chipset it contains
>
> 2) Neither has any obvious way of seeing what is in the card,
> short of destroying it.
>
> What did you think I would notice, as a matter of interest?
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail ( tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366
>
> --

1. You should see a version or product number (may be in small print, so put on your glasses and look).
2. You should see a serial number.

You have actually been given a mile of info through the fellowship on here, but you have been most demanding for an exact answer. None of us are there to see what you're looking at, so we can only approximate. I don't want to be a nasty sort, but if you don't know what a HCL is, then you don't know enough about network OS's anywhere- even windows users know about HCL's.

Follow the advice that is given here to the letter and provide feedback on what you find. If you don't know what the command is then ask, but don't expect everyone here to do your dirty work. You want people to do you're googling for you but it won't help you will it? The idea is that you're not told how to fix something but you're taught how to FIND OUT HOW to fix it. Use you're nut a bit more and you receive a far better response here.

And yes, if you read the reply you would see that broadcom DO manufacture chipsets and Linksys/Cisco use them. Please don't skim over these replies if truly want an answer here.

It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT