Re: Can anyone explain the delay when switching from X to console

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 17:43 -0700, stan wrote:
> This has been bugging me for a while.  It used to be (years ago) that
> the switch from X to a console would be almost instantaneous.  Over
> the years, it just seems to keep getting longer and longer.  Today it
> is taking almost 5 seconds to switch to a console.  The switch back is
> much faster, maybe a second.   Can anyone explain this, and is there
> an adjustment to speed it up.
>
> I'm running Fedora 7.

Are you still using the same monitor?  I get a delay on my system, but
I'm sure that's down to the monitor I'm using taking a moment to sync up
to the new rate, blanking the screen in the meantime.  If I type while
the screen isn't showing anything, it's there when the display does come
up.  My prior monitor was much quicker at resyncing, and I don't recall
this issue with it.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386