Re: ATI TV Wonder™ 550 PCI -- drivers or whatever ??

William Case wrote:

Well, things have improved.  lspci used to give me nothing useful, now I
am returned:
]$ lspci -v
01:09.0 Multimedia controller: ATI Technologies Inc Theater 550 PRO PCI
[ATI TV Wonder 550]
        Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device a346
        Memory at fdd00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
        Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

I will search for 'Unknown device a346' tomorrow.

Well, while it really was "lspci -vv" output I should have asked for, I did some additional research that leads me to believe you are SOL. The technology used in the ATI TV cards is proprietary and only proprietary drivers were ever written and none were ever written for linux. It would seem that the only ATI TV cards with linux drivers were the now extinct All-In-Wonder cards.