Re: ATI TV Wonder™ 550 PCI -- drivers or whatever ??

William Case wrote:
Hi;
I got an ATI TV Wonder™ 550 PCI card for Christmas two years ago.  It
has just recently been listed in hwdata but now I need to get it running
in Linux (it works fine in WindowsXP).

AMD/ATI does not seem to have drivers for it.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to get this TV tuner working with either TVTime or
MythTV?

I have googled and seem to be finding other people's misery from over a
year ago.  Nothing current.

The output of lspci -v maybe helpful to determine what you need. For example my TV tuner card returns....

05:01.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev
 11)
        Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

So I know I need the bttv drivers.