Re: Wireless (again)

max wrote:

>>> The HCL lists most of the compatible chipsets.
>>
>> HCL?
>> Please don't use acronyms unless you are sure
>> that at least 90% of your readers will know what you mean.
>
> HCL= Hardware Compatibility List
>
> Every OS(Operating System ) has one or most do anyway. If your looking
> for a WiFi (wireless) card or any hardware for that then you should
> consult the HCL before purchasing if you want to ensure little or no
> issues. Having said that not every HCL is up to date but often you can
> glean important clues from the HCL based on what's listed and how its
> supported, chipset etc...

Where is _the_ HCL for Fedora-8?
If you know then surely it would be better to give the URL
rather than glibly telling people to "consult the HCL".

As far as I can see, the HCL you are advising people to consult
does not actually exist:
"This page does not exist yet".
The only reference I could find to "Fedora HCL"
said it had not been updated since 2005,
which would make it more or less useless, I imagine.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366