Re: Fedora 8 and bitmap fonts

Ralf Aumüller wrote:
Hello,

is it true that I can't use bitmap fonts (*.pcf) with Fedora 8 under X?
(I read in http://www.xfree86.org/current/fonts2.html that you need
the /usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts/libbitmap module for the X-server
which is not available under Fedora 8 - I know that Fedora uses xorg
but isn't the structure the same - e.g the libfreetype and libtype1
modules are available).

Or do I understand something wrong?

Best regards,

Ralf

I think you are understanding something wrong - specifically the X server being used by Fedora. XFree86 was replaced by X.org several years ago with most of the developers moving to the X.org fork. So not much of the documentation at WWW.xfree86.org applies to the X server you are running. http://www.x.org/wiki/

Mikkel