Re: yum update > No Packages yum clean metadata > yum clean all > yum update > Yes Packages ???

ron wrote:
ron wrote:
    Hello,

    Every time I'm notified by email of updates available:

    Yum update says:

    No Packages marked for Update.

    After a:

    # yum clean metadata

    # yum clean all

    Yum update says:

    Yes Packages marked for Update.

    Anyone know how I can fix this?

    -ron-

karl wrote:
 Hi Ron what version of Fedora are you using? how did you query for
updates? Did you use yum update or the gui system? Can you use the
manual way and copy what happened to this list? That should find a
solution.

Karl

Hi Karl,

I'm using Fedora 8.

[ron@f8 ~]$ sudo yum update
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for livna
fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for fedora
adobe-linux-i386          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
updates                   100% |=========================| 2.3 kB    00:00
No Presto metadata available for updates
 * livna: rpm.livna.org
 * fedora: mirror.steadfast.net
 * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
 * updates: mirror.steadfast.net
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update
[ron@f8 ~]$

ron@f8 ~]$ sudo yum clean metadata
11 metadata files removed
[ron@f8 ~]$

[ron@f8 ~]$ sudo yum clean all
Cleaning up Everything
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
[ron@f8 ~]$

[ron@f8 ~]$ yum update

Packages marked for Update (I lost this output. I already updated packages.)

[ron@f8 ~]

OK. It appears to me you have no updates. Please do not use the yum clean all again. Wait a couple of days. I just got notified my F8 has 17 updates. I will look and see what it has with yum update and act. You might have the same now. Try it on them.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User