Re: F8 is a problem

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 23:47 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 19:49 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> > So how in the name of the great white whale does someone of Karl's
> > obvious limited abilities manage to get a Ph.D.?
>
> I wonder if it was simple eons ago he got it, and that's he's no-longer
> up to the task.  Of course we don't know whether he really has, or spent
> 15 years trying to get it, scraped through, or obtained it with flying
> colours...

Just an observation on my part, and certainly not meant to be a taking
of sides of any kind here, but, my experiences have been that "today's"
Ph.D can in no way whatsoever be compared to "yesterday's" Ph.D.
In the last decade I've worked with several dozen "doctors", many of
which still needed written instructions on how to use the restroom.

I've found that even a Masters earned 40 or more years ago "out-weighs"
a ten year old or younger doctorate by roughly 2 to 1.

Andy