Re: Seagate FreeAgent Pro External HDD on Fedora?

On Monday 21 January 2008, Ali, Saqib wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone using the Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750 GB External HDD on
> Fedora?  I just wanna use it as a external storage/backup device.
> However I wanna add a eSata interface to my linux machine instead of
> using USB.

I have a FreeAgentPro 320 with the eSATA interface.  I have had trouble with
the eSATA interface; not sure if Seagate has updated firmware yet or not, but
I know I'm not the only one who has had issues with the FreeAgentPro line and
eSATA, both on Linux and Windows.  The USB interface works fine, but gets
half the speed.

I have another eSATA drive, which just happens to be a Seagate 750GB drive in
a generic eSATA/USB enclosure, that works just fine with my laptop and a SiI
3132 based ExpressCard eSATA adapter.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu