Re: [Bulk] Re: The Name of the Lord.

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 13:22 -0800, Ed Kasky wrote:
> At 11:53 AM Monday, 1/21/2008, you wrote -=>
> >William Case wrote:
> >>Hi Ric;
> >>
> >>Just sitting here Sunday morning killing time before I actually do
> >>something useful.  Thought I would add my 2¢.
> >I am religious and I'll add my 2 cents.
> >In the cultural context that the verse was
> >written, the name of a god was used to call upon
> >the power of the god. That's why it was such a
> >big deal when God revealed his covenant name to Jacob.
> >
> >When you don't take the cultural context of the
> >time/region of what it meant to use the name of
> >a god into your understanding of the passage, you end up mis-interpreting it.
> >
> >Unfortunately most Bible translations do a poor
> >job at noting these cultural things in their
> >footnotes, so all kinds of funny interpretations result.
>
> And all this has exactly what to do with the Fedora OS?

I guess it means that we are humans and not machines dedicated directly
to the Fedora OS via USB rectal probes, who ponder and debate many OT
things. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

I personally think most OT subjects as a result of our collective need
to remain human and converse, even if it's in disagreement. No one is
getting paid here, so a little bit of payment in OT, by the list, is not
out of the question. This list would get bare, REAL quick, if it weren't
for some bit of OT discussion. Even a trained seal will not bark when
there are no fish. :) My 2 cents, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar