Re: Example of get nVidia

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On Jan 21, 2008 1:02 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Karl Larsen wrote:

   Here is how I think answers to questions should look like.

... snip ...

Question: How can I get the driver for my nVidia video card?

Answer: This is a two step procedure. ...

  or, as an alternative, rather than continually polluting this list
with badly-written advice that almost never works, you can try
something wild and crazy and start a blog, like this guy just
announced, and post the info there:

http://totallybeginner.blogspot.com/2008/01/installing-nvidia-and-ati-cards-in.html

where the aforementioned beginner even recognizes the value of other
peoples' work and simply links to a detailed write-up of how to do it
properly, including contingency plans for when something doesn't quite
work and ... and ... oh, screw it, why do i bother, since every
conversation with karl ends up as:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/143296774_97691615cb.jpg

  is it too early for a beer?

rday
--

    As usual rday you are a stupid stuck on yourself worthless nothing.
Drink all the beer you want.

pot. kettle. black.

Ever see the movie "Kingpin"? The family name of the main character, Roy Munson, takes on a meaning of its own and people talk of not wanting to be "Munsoned"? :-)

--
Two LITTLE black dots and one BIG black dot... nice 'n' FLUFFY!!