Re: Unabled to start X after running yum installgroup "Java Development"

* Ali, Saqib wrote, On 01/21/2008 10:06 PM:
This morning I installed Java Development tool using the following cmd line:
yum installgroup "Java Development"

And now I am unable to start X

The xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log are located at:
http://security-basics.blogspot.com/2008/01/xorgconf.html
http://security-basics.blogspot.com/2008/01/xorg0log.html

Any help in debugging this issue would highly appreciated.

Thanks
Saqib

P.S. It is a FC5 machine

How did yum perform that installation for a FC5 machine?
Is there a sane yum repository still active and updated for FC5? Or, did you get that Java Dev group packages from F7/F8 repository (hence terribly mixed things)? For the latter, I'd say you haven't even faced the least of your troubles to come. Do
yum upgrade
and see what else is pending for your machine.
Xorg.0.log does not tell much to me, just looks like i810 driver is crashing.