Re: HELP: External 250G USB screwed with GParted

Craig White wrote:

Clearly USB Hubs are labeled suitable for USB 1.1 or 2.0 standards but
USB cables typically not identified. If the manufacturers of USB 2.0
hard drives were concerned with the cables that were used, they would
clearly identify their products with something like - "USE ONLY WITH USB
2.0 CERTIFIED CABLES" but I've never seen that. I look at Western
Digital's 'Interface Guide'
http://westerndigital.com/en/library/2579-001151.pdf and see no such
admonitions.

Just about ever packaged USB cable I have seen has indicated if it met the USB 1.1 or 2.0 specifications. There is even a different USB logo for 1.1 and 2.0. Once they are out of the package, it may be hard to tell. Some of my USB cables are labeled, and others are not. I have a cable in front of me that has "HIGH SPEED USB REVISION 2.0" on the cable. If I were to dig through some old cables, I could probably find one that has "USB REVISION 1.1" on it. But I updated to just about all 2.0 cables now. (The exception are some of the retractable cables I use with my laptop and USB 1.1 devices.)

Mikkel