Re: X.org Keeps Dying Out Of The Blue

Kelly Miller wrote:
I'm not sure what the problem could be; all I know is that randomly, while I'm working on the desktop, my monitor goes dark and shows an "Input Not Supported" message. There's nothing in the logs, and reinstalling does not help. This didn't happen before; it didn't start when I installed F8, it started suddenly. I thought it might be my mouse (which has been acting funny), but it continues to happen even if I change what mouse I'm using. I'm about out of ideas for fixing it...

The /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old shows the information from the previous GUI launch. It might show the failure. Which logs are you checking? What Graphics Processor are you using? Usually screensavers show random crashes. Are you running any 3D programs or running random screensavers?

JIm