RE: Xdmxp login to remote machine via gdm

Surprisingly enough this didn't work. From what the docs say this is not necessary for connection to a remote server. I've just gone through the docs again for gdm (on the gnome site this time), and tried setting SystemMenu=true under [greeter] but that didn't work either. Nothing seems to change this gdm- am I changing the right one? /etc/gdm/custom.conf?

We now know that I have the right gdm version to permit this, I'm supposedly adjusting the right conf file- what am I missing here?

KDM offers a chooser, but the system spits the dummy for some reason when I connect and won't work properly.

I've opened the xdmcp ports (177) on the firewall for both tcp and udp as well.

I've never had this much trouble setting up this on any other mc.