rpmrepo.org (was: That ole ...)

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 10:34:45PM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Saturday 19 January 2008, Ric Moore wrote:
> > >
> > > Not all of them:   http://rpmfusion.org/
> >
> > Looks good to me, except I don't see ATrpms in the mix? Ric

Well, this project started from a merger proposition between livna and
ATrpms last summer. I scaled this project up by inviting Freshrpms,
Dag, Dries and CentOS over and hoped we would have the Total Unified
Repo.

But some people (or one people?) didn't like this and started to block
everything until most repos jumped away again. Same for the EPEL
effort with the same protagonists.

> No DAG/RPMforge, either.

The real TOR or perhaps now GUR is at rpmrepo.org now. We'll create a
big rpm-shop satisfying RHEL and Fedora folks with both conservative
and progressive attitudes.

Note that contrary to what some people have claimed in this thread
ATrpms has nothing against livna. In fact ATrpms is one of the bigger
mirrors for livna, and as said there was even a merger effort
underway. In general I have been trying to build bridges between the
3rd party repo rifts created years ago.

But the feelings aren't quite mutual and unfortunately some people
with some influence do steer us further into even more rifts. :/
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net