RE: Xdmxp login to remote machine via gdm

Just to address the last post on this subject - Where my problem lies is not in allowing others accessing this computer by remote x but this computer accessing others by remote. A search on google produced several docs stating that only certain gdm versions will allow you to choose to access a remote x server.

I checked out ltsp but it seems more based on allowing remote access in this computer then setting up this computer to access others (I could be wrong though, but I can't see where it is). I just updated the software and went from gdm-2.20.1-5 to gdm-2.20.2-2. No good. I've edited the custom file but no change. I'll just uninstall this version and try and locate the version you have mentioned to me- maybe its the key to it all...

Thanks all.