Re: Where to get Fedora 8 CDs

William Estrada wrote:
 I installed from an ISO image on a USB hard drive. Very easily done.
Make sure the name is the same. The install process will ask you where
to find the Packages and you just select local hard drive.
then select the /dev/sd-whatever of the usb drive.

You boot from the cd.
rescue cd that is; it has the anaconda installer on it, that gets the install process started.

I don't remember if you need to supply 'askmethod'
on the boot command line or not?
When the installer can't find the whole DVD of packages, I think it does that automatically.

DaveT.