Re: Problem with RocketRaid driver installation

Michael A. Peters wrote:
Erik P. Olsen wrote:

OK. I've come a bit further. RocketRaid 1720 support for the SATA arrays comes in a form that has to be copied to a floppy which in turn is loaded by the anaconda installer such that it may access the array and install products on it. However, the only support which is not installed on the new system is the RocketRaid 1720 driver itself. No wonder I couldn't boot the system.
Sell the card and use software raid.
Huh, that is not easy. Then I have to buy a new mobo and with that new graphic card and new ram and I am not prepared for that expense. So I'll stay with my solution which is not so bad. See my earlier mail of today in this thread.
[snip]

Thanks for your advice,
--
Erik.