Re: Pulseaudio

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 11:46 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
Nigel Henry wrote:

    Thanks Nigel. I guess the lesson learned is to not use yum to remove.
----
what yum giveth, yum can taketh away and vice versa.

It doesn't really matter because you can add it back in again anyway.

yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

gets all of it back.

Not only am I sure that using yum to remove a package wasn't a case of a
lesson to be learned, I am convinced that you have learned nothing of
significant value at all. That you believe that you can draw significant
conclusions based upon a lack of knowledge seems to be the lesson that
eludes you most of all.

If you are trying to teach something here, get down to the basics. This has nothing to do with yum itself. How does someone know that the correct thing to remove/add is alsa-plugins-pulseaudio instead of pulseaudio? I don't see anything intuitive there, so where do you find that piece of information?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx