recording calls with qarecord and scim

http://porpoisehead.net/hi/?q=node/23
I'm following the steps in the article at the link above. I managed to create a .wav file of a two-way phone test call on Skype. So, all I have to do is tweak the quality, and it starts with understanding scim. $ qarecord
Using periodsize 2048 frames.
set SCHED_FIFO
ScimInputContextPlugin()
~ScimInputContextPlugin()
ScimInputContextPlugin()
WARNING: please edit ~/.scim/global and change /DefaultConfigModule to kconfig
~ScimInputContextPlugin()
- - - [END MESSAGE] - - -

Does anyone know about this stuff?  Any help appreciated.
Tom