Re: Java Solution

--- Craig White <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 15:26 -0800, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:
> > --- Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> of no
> > > use to a serious
> the
> > > user.Instead there
> file
> > > which will print out
> > > Terminal. There needs to
> > > /usr/java/default/bin/java.

> > > using either 1.4 (as we
> > > something you know nothing
> commercially
> > > yet. And they're the
> trying
> > > to run applets in

> install
> > > jedit with the 1.5 on
> bit
> > > the bullet and
> > > works SUPER.

> > > You are comparing 1.5 apples to 1.6 oranges.
> The
> > > 1.5 you tried was not
> > > Sun java, and jedit probably works just fine
> with
> > > Sun Java 1.5 as well
> > > as the 1.6 you installed.
> > >
> > Know Les, 1.5 apples (one and a half apples)
> > 1.6 oranges (one and six tenths of oranges)
> > What do apples and oranges have to do with java?
> >
> > Jun from Sun cannot even be compatible with
> itself.
> > See article below.  Fedora is working with Sun on
> > these and other issues.  Please be patient :).
> ----
> the 1.5 that Karl (and thus Les by extension) was
> the gcj version that
> is bundled by Fedora and it's cloudy if not
> completely disconnected from
> the Sun 1.5.x releases and obviously the Sun 1.6
> releases. That's what
> Les meant by Apples and Oranges (GCJ Java and Sun
> Java)
>
> The fact remains that Karl is one confused puppy and
> Les stretches to
> make a point that Karl's confusion represents the
> greater confusion as a
> whole which is absurd because Karl represents
> wrongfulness and confusion
> across the board, not just wrt java
>
> I am quite certain that 5 days ago, I suggested that
> Les be patient but
> that hasn't stopped him from trying to score
> ethereal points, and most
> ashamedly, using Karl as proof of how problematic
> the situation is.
>
> Craig
>
> --

Craig,

I am following some links on the java thread(s) and
Nigel's Jigsaw page does not work, there official
sun's java is needed :(

However, using sun's TestJava VM, I get to see the
following:

Test JavaVM
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

You are using a version of the JRE that is not
designed
for general consumer use.  You may want to update your
JRE.
Your Java configuration is:

Vendor:  Sun Microsystems InC.
Version:  1.7.0
Operating System: Linux

Applet works with IcedTea :)

Euclid's Elements Geometry Applet:
http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/elements/usingApplet.html

Applet works with IcedTea :)

David Eck's xFunctions Applet:
http://math.hws.edu/xFunctions/

I am sure I can find others, but two out of three is
better than nothing :).  Before, if one wanted JRE/JDK
we had to get java directly from Sun or Jpackage.
Now, it is a matter of time and it will get there :)

Regards,

Antonio

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs