Re: java again really

Les wrote:
Hi, Matthew,
	I have read the man page.  However, I am not sure this is simpler???
It seems to be a tool to maintain dependency tracking for symbolic
links.  The man page also repeatedly makes reference to Debian, which is
an alternative Linux Distribution.  Given that a newbie, with some
rudimentary knowledge (like myself or Karl) can manage symbolic links,
and that we may or may not take on faith that a Debian tool will work
with Fedora, how does this improve the situation?

It is not a Debian tool. As noted in the man page, it is a reimplementation which is meant to be compatible. It is used in relatively few places. If you have specific improvements to suggest, bugzilla reports would be appropriate.

Rahul