Re: Disk encryption and installing new versions of Fedora

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 13:49:32 -0700,
  Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After spending some time looking at forensic tools and how easy it is to
> pull data from hard drives is interesting.  One reason I want to do
> encryption.

Not just hard drives. Firewire ports can be used to pull data from memory
before powering the machine off. This can potentially be used to get around
some defenses against having your machine seized.

I am not sure how susceptible linux tends to be to this, but it works on
some versions of Windows.