Re: lite-scribe question.

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 18:48 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 01:38:19AM +0000, Ian Malone wrote:
> > One afternoon I watched the front panel of a CD tray fly past me
> > after the CD inside exploded (it had a small crack radiating from
> > the hole, and we were trying to make a copy before this happened).
>
> Sure you don't work for Mythbusters?  I still remember the episode where
> they tried everything they could to make a CD destroy itself. :)  Took
> creating an "uber-drive", if I recall correctly.
----
I've seen it happen myself...twice (at least the aftermaths anyway)

Where a CD literally shattered

The first time, it destroyed to drive and it was unusable.

The second time, the drive still functions fine after completely
disassembling and getting all the bits of shattered CD out.

Neither instance reported any signs of wear on the CD before it
shattered but both reported loud noise and excessive vibration just
before shattering.

Craig