Re: BlueTooth Issues

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 00:28 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Dec 31, 2007 9:02 PM, Donald Reader <fc-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Man I am ready to give up on this project. I have looked for an updated
> package that will work on my system with
>  no results what so ever. Even tried the packages for the fc8 and fc9
> releases LOL even though I should not have.
>  the only one that comes close to working is kdebluetooth.i386
> 0:1.0-0.16.20060908svn.fc6. The only issue with it is
>  I still can not get the darn pin input box to popup like it should. It does
> read the headset. Also need to get the headset and
>  hands free services activated some how as that might be the issue. Again I
> don't my head from a hole in the ground on
>  this one.
>
>  SomeOne PLEASE help
>
>  Don
> --

Don,

A. FC6 has been EOL'ed and is no longer supported. You should consider
upgrading your FC6 machine to F7 or F8.
B. You're using an old (and unsupported) version of kdebluetooth. You
cannot install newer versions of kdebluetooth (taken from F7/8) on FC6
as they require newer versions of the bluetooth tool-chain that are
only included in F7 (or above).

... In short, if you want to use kdebluetooth, you'll have to upgrade
to a -supported- version of Fedora.

- Gilboa

Thanks and it is easier said than done as far a updating the whole operating system. I don't have
but the one computer and I can't be offline for that long of a time. I also am having major issues
with my cd burner so burning new cds is out of the question and most of my spare blanks went
into getting fc6 burned. I knew I was going to get upgrade or get lost. I really wish there was an
easy way to upgrade without wasting a few dozen disc's again. I read somewhere it can be done
so now need to find out how.

I have run fedora for years and could usually find the answers to issues on my own. I finally get
to the point of fustration that I decided to join this list in hopes of getting some answers. You would
think that it being an older version someone would have an answer or at least a few links. This has
sure taught me a lesson about trying to get help anywhere. As usual left on your own no matter what.
and to think I have talked ppl into getting and running fedora on their computers and they usually come
to me for answers and I can usually find them if I don't already know it. The one time I seemed to get
stumped and I am told upgrade. Sounds to me like fc8 is a headache and I don't need my computer down
or not able to connect to my servers online

Thanks
Don