Re: Fedora on an ASUS G23-B2 [It works!]

Tim:
>> I have a different Asus laptop, a PRO31J F3JC, using an Intel WM3945ABG
>> wireless card, and it's somewhat similar in that from time to time the
>> wireless wouldn't work, othertimes it'd work fine.  Reboots were
>> necessary to get it to work, at times.  And with no changes of settings
>> in between.
>>
>> This smacks of not too brilliantly designed hardware, hardware that
>> doesn't reset itself properly when turned on, and drivers that can't
>> cause it to reset itself, either.

Claude Jones:
> Don't know about your hardware theory. In Vista, the wireless NIC works
> perfectly, every time. I think wireless connectivity in Linux is still
> in its growth-pains stage. This machine is not having any adverse effect
> on any router I've connected to, under Linux or Windows. I've tried three.

Well, I've certainly experienced having to power down to get it to work
again.  And having to go through this, sometimes, no matter which OS was
being used.  Mine didn't work "perfectly" with any OS.

I've seen that sort of thing with other hardware, too.  Modems, graphics
cards...

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386