TV tuner card on Fedora 8 x86_64

I have a old TV tuner card that I used to be able to use with Fedora, (I think I was last successful with FC2 or 3? and on different hardware). The card is an old Brooktree BT848 card.

lspci:
07:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt848 Video Capture (rev 12)
       Memory at 90000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]

Hald no longer recognizes the card on startup and I am unsure how to manually install the drivers into the kernel.

I used to have the following in my /etc/modprobe.conf file:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 bttv
options bttv card=2 pll=1
options tuner type=6 debug=0
post-install bttv modprobe tuner; modprobe videodev

but either I incorrectly saved my previous configuration settings for they no longer work on F8.

any help would be appreciated!

TIA, Jeff