Re: Fedora on an ASUS G23-B2 [It works!]

Tim wrote:
I have a different Asus laptop, a PRO31J F3JC, using an Intel WM3945ABG
wireless card, and it's somewhat similar in that from time to time the
wireless wouldn't work, othertimes it'd work fine.  Reboots were
necessary to get it to work, at times.  And with no changes of settings
in between.

This smacks of not too brilliantly designed hardware, hardware that
doesn't reset itself properly when turned on, and drivers that can't
cause it to reset itself, either.

I'd also noticed that it would just about always manage to cause my
friend's modem/router to reset while Fedora was booting up,
disconnecting him.  But I don't recall it doing that when I booted up in
Ubuntu or Vista.  I can only imagine that happening if it were spewing
out garbage.
Don't know about your hardware theory. In Vista, the wireless NIC works perfectly, every time. I think wireless connectivity in Linux is still in its growth-pains stage. This machine is not having any adverse effect on any router I've connected to, under Linux or Windows. I've tried three.