Re: CVS is dead

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 07:38 -0800, Les wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 22:38 -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> > Karl Larsen escribió:
> > >
> > >    Beginning now I planned to learn what CVS is and look for
> > > instructions on wiki care and feeding.
> >
> > Please Karl. CVS is dead. Check Mercurial, which is great, has a book to
> > learn how to use it, is distributed and has an excelent help:
> >
> > $ yum install mercurial
> > $ hg help
> >
> > Be happy! :-D
> >
> SourceForge still uses CVS, as do many other development places.  There
> are other revision control packages, but until you mentioned it, I had
> never heard of Mercurial.  Of course I am an "Old Fart", so that may
> mean something to put it in context.
>
> Regards,
> Les H

SF also uses Subversion:  https://sourceforge.net/docs/E09

I prefer SVN, only because when I started learning a VCS (both as a user
and admin) I chose SVN because it was new and a lot of people on the
intarwebs were talking about it.  I like some of the features it has
over CVS, but CVS is still quite adequate and fairly flexible.

/ Democracy is a form of government in which it is permitted to wonder \
| aloud what the country could do under first-class management.        |
\                 -- Senator Soaper                                    /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )