Re: 3D Support for NVIDIA

Yum error in terminal is, ¨http://spreader.yandex.net/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
Trying other mirror.¨
It try,but later same error.It cause of my slow net connection,I think.
I am new in Linux Platform.
So,tell me how i will enable nVidia driver from yum repositories ?Please tell me details.

On Dec 16, 2007 4:50 PM, Chris Jones < jonesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Angel Apocalyptic wrote:
> How do I enable 3D support for my nVidia graphics card in Fedora?i
> tried using ¨yum install kmod-nvidia¨ command.But as my net is
> slow,its showing error.Can any one tell me,how to enable 3D support
> for NVIDIA in Graphical mode?

It would help if you actually showed us the yum error you get - without
I can only guess as yo what is wrong.

Note that the yum repositories that have the nvidia driver are NOT
enabled by default in Fedora. You have to first do this yourself - Have
you done this ?

See either, for instance, the livna or freshrpms websites for details.

Chris