Re: keep xorg from auto-detecting

On 2007/12/15 23:09 (GMT-0600) Brain Centipedes apparently typed:

> Does anyone know how to keep Xorg from auto-detecting video resolution in
> Fedora 8?

Lots of things in Xorg have changed in the past year, and are still changing.
Some fundamental things have been subjected to radical changes. A year ago,
setting in xorg.conf

	Option "NoDDC"

probably would have done it. Now it depends on your particular gfxcard and
choice of video driver whether it might work or not.

> On Fedora 7 I just put the correct video settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
> everything was fine.  But in Fedora 8 it tries to detect my resolution and
> gets things wrong.  So I edited xorg.conf, but X is ignoring the settings in
> the conf file and still trying to detect things itself.  Any ideas?

It would help us to know what "right" and "wrong" are for you and what your
hardware is, but start with trying the above option, and also Option
"PreferredMode" "modeyouprefer". Take a look at the command xrandr too.
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409