Re: Cups problem

Craig White wrote:
On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 09:01 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
now back to my earlier thread...

OK, you need to register and then start cups...

/sbin/chkconfig cups on
/sbin/service cups start

Then you will have to see if printer is still set up...probably
easiest
to just use 'Administration' => 'Printing'

set up printer, apply changes, click 'Print Test Page'

until you get a test page to print, don't bother with any other
program.
Fix the settings

Craig
----
I'm sort of done with trying to help when you won't do what I
suggest,
there's little point of continuing on

Craig

I only have a "Administration' => 'Printing' in "KDE --> settings --> printers "
and it only sets up a fax system,if I go to "kDE control--> center
--> peripherals--> printers"
wont work because it cannot access "localhost:631.
I hope this answer helps you as I find it difficult to follow all the postings.
----
I have clipped out all non-relevant portions...

did you install cups using --nodeps?

did you
/sbin/chkconfig cups on
/sbin/service cups start
 ? ? ?

Until you verify those three things (one of them is going to come up
with the solution), your ability to administer printers isn't there.

Craig

I forgot to answer did I use --nodeps,no I didn't mainly because I did
know it was necessary.

 david