Re: list subject

Bruno Wolff III escribió:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 15:42:50 -0500,
>   Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 11 December 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> Must be different lists.  I can understand wanting to default to
>>> off-list replies on certain topics, but not for technical lists.
>> FWIW, all the postgresql lists default to no reply-to:.
>
> Note the postgres lists allow nonmembers to post (after moderation) which
> means that you really do want keep people cc'd unless that set
> mail-followup-to to ssay they don't. Also, once upon a time there was
> a long delay in mail sent through those lists and keep the principals
> in a discussion copied you could get things done a lot faster.

The real reason in the pgsql-* lists is not for the non-subscribed
users, but the suscribed ones that have the nomail option on in there
majordomo account, so as they don't recieve mail from the mailling list,
but they can send as they are suscribed, the only acknowledge is to send
them a copy of the mail to there account.